What is it?
Our standard Disability Awareness Training is designed to meet a range of conditions and circumstances. Serving both employer and employee needs, we aim to challenge misconceptions to create the most effective working environment for everyone.
A Disability Awareness Training session is delivered by one of our Psychologists and Disability Ambassadors to groups of up to 10 individuals. This takes place in the client’s place of work and is for the client, their colleagues, managers, and/or HR teams. The session aims to aid in a paradigm shift in attitudes towards disabilities in the workplace and begin the formation of a positive and supportive working environment, as well as teaching those about a range of support solutions and reasonable adjustments that could be implemented.
The psychologist aims to challenge your beliefs and perceptions and provide a safe and judgment-free area to discuss all aspects of a disability.
Sessions could cover:
- Neurodiversities (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD and Autism – either individually or together
- Mental Health
- Vision Loss
- Hearing Loss
- Neurological Conditions (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Strokes, Epilepsy, and TBI/ABI
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME), Fibromyalgia, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Ergonomic pain, Fatigue, and Mobility
- *Bespoke sessions can also be requested by the client